Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hiatus.

Selma Lee's in the garage for a few days while I travel home.

She's got some parts on the way- her oil leak is actually worse since I played with the oil pan... she had a slight leak before, coming from what seemed like the drain bolt- but turned out to be some metal on the bottom corner that got pushed up and in the way of the drain bolt when some previous owner bottomed out the car... I filed off the offending bit of metal and replaced the bolt before putting the bottom of the oil pan back on the car- turns out you get a bit more leverage when it's attached to an almost two ton car, and it cranked almost another full turn this evening when I got home (I should have tightened it before, but I thought I'd done it as tight as possible...)- there's cardboard under it now so when I come back I'll be able to see if it was that simple of a fix.


It's also starting to get quite warm and the need to get the rest of the windows working is becoming acute. I need to dive into the vacuum system anyway- so- away I go... when I get back.

No comments: