Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The beginning of the story.

So awhile ago there was that crazy post with the pictures of D, myself and P huddling under a space blanket in a handicap bathroom... going through some long un-catagorized picture files today I realized I never showed the beginning of that thrilling adventure!!!

Like this multi-stage rappel... you can see me starting down this relatively short rap -


but then you see P right below me getting ready to set up yet another rappel (that's why it's multi-stage... there were multiple stages :) One Rap right after another with no where to go between them but down - once you get started you either finish the series or sit on a small ledge waiting to get rescued...


This is P approaching a rap station (he'd waited to the right on a larger ledge while D went down first.


It wasn't all Rappeling - there was some good downclimbing too... though I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not???



It was a pretty stellar canyon all around. And the threatening clouds only drizzled slightly all day... always a plus!!!

No comments: