Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow.

And my flight was delayed due to lots and lots of snow...  they're sending me out tomorrow morning, so here's hoping...


p.s. Who knew about This website?!  It started snowing again and I was freakin' out, wondering if it was too much or not, but now I can refresh every half an hour and watch flights land and take off, and attempt to make estimations about the likelihood of my flight taking off...  I realize that doesn't sound terribly helpful, but it's comforting to me to feel informed...


p.p.s. The irony here, is that all the other flights from Missoula to Minneapolis and vis versa, have been on time, in the last 36 hours.  The only ones that have been cancelled were the first two flights yesterday, and the first flight today...  my flight...  again.  I could have picked the later flight when I booked, but I wanted to leave as early as possible.  Had I picked the flight that left four hours later yesterday, I would have been in Des Moines for about twelve hours now...

and despite the fact that flights are now leaving the Missoula airport again, I can't get on any of them...  instead, I'll be driving 2-1/2 hours to Kalispell for a 2pm flight to Salt Lake, then Minneapolis, then Des Moines...  hopefully, if everything goes to plan, I'll arrive about 36 hours after originally scheduled...

however, the really nice lady at the reservation desk did reschedule both my and D's flights from the 25th into Missoula, to the 26th into Kalispell, so I'll get to make up some of the time I was going to lose in Iowa, and D and I still get to return home together.   Which, is really pretty great...  it's still just frustrating to know that had I chosen a different flight this all wouldn't have been necessary...  blah.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Best of luck getting out M.

Merry Christmas!

Ed