Monday, September 22, 2008

Codes.

[Edit: so what I'm trying to say here, is that there are a lot of different ways to identify a place, geographically, climatically, politically, historically, currently, bureaucratically, and numerically, besides others. Thinking about the places I've lived numerically is interesting. And just one of the many levels on which I can define my place in the world. It's odd to me.]

It just occurred to me that I'd never lived somewhere with a zip code with a 7 in it.

But actually that was wrong - I just hadn't really internalized our zip from Ivins Utah, as we only lived there two months, and knowing we wouldn't be there long term we never had anything mailed there, so I never wrote down the address...

Missoula is the first time we've had a 9 though. All others are accounted for (in order of their use)-

50265
84532
50112
84738
45013
86314
59802


Ya know when you go to check your credit score each year and they ask you funny questions from your credit history to ensure you are who you say you are - but they're questions like

"Which of the following counties have you lived in, in the past five years?"

And there's always a "None of the above" option??? Yeah - I always find those questions take longer to figure out than they probably should... I should start a file of old addresses or something, cause I'm starting to forget them...

No comments: