Saturday, January 17, 2009

My fortunes.

Yesterday I pulled one of my favorite tricks, D called to say when he'd get back into town (from a short course on state policy making at the legislative session in Helena), so I called in an order from a Thai restaurant for him to pick up on his way...

they're Thai, but they do a Chinese menu too, which means when you get ToGo food they include fortune cookies :)

My fortune read :

You will be traveling and come into a great fortune.

I will be traveling, we were suppose to leave this morning, but we're both feeling under the weather, so we're taking it easy, departure in T minus 38 minutes and counting.

As for the fortune part, I got fired on Thursday afternoon, so as D said, "Obviously that's not a monetary fortune you're in for".

Good times. The job search commences in T minus nine days, 8 hours and counting...

2 comments:

Ed said...

Tough about the job but I am assuming you weren't too heartbroken.

Ed

Meredith said...

Uh - no, heartbroken doesn't particularly apply... inevitable is more like it, still sort of stings to have been fired, it's my first time at that!

It was never a great fit - hopefully this encourages me to apply for some stuff I might not have otherwise.

I imagine, some time down the line, I will view it as something that was very good for me.