Sunday, May 4, 2008

Differences.

It is sunny in Arizona. And our apartment seems to reach out, grab the sunlight and bring it into every little corner of the house.

This was not the case during the week I was at my parents' house in Iowa. Even if there was some sun - it never seemed to make it's way inside, due to things like -
a) Large Trees
b) Elaborate Curtains
c) Room orientation

I like sunshine. It's easier to get out of bed before 10am when there's gobs of sunlight filling the bedroom. I turned into a slug at my parents' house. I really hate the yellow light put out by most incandescent light bulbs - I'd rather leave the room in semi-darkness. This exacerbated the issue of their house.

I also like our internet - which sometimes seems slow, but is a freaking Prodigy compared to the AOL Dial-up that my mother continues to suffer through. She doesn't know what she's missing.


The plan as of now, is to have D go check out Missoula during a long, two-week road trip in June. While I really can't go with him, I'm now slightly hesitant to allow him to pick out an apartment for us - as Missoula starts out having not nearly as much sunlight as Arizona, it will be doubly important that our lodgings facilitate maximum sun-capture.

No comments: