Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A few more photos from the weekend.

The "Mexican Hat" - and the crazy cliffs behind it. There is really not a mile of the drive from here to Moab that isn't interesting.
D on Elephant Butte, looking through the summit register. It goes back to 1976. The first time we got to the top I was soooooo enchanted with the idea of a summit register and D was sort of like "Oh - I don't do those things." Let's just say - he does now :)

The start of the second rappel. You do one repel on your way up, and one on your way down. Right below the bottom of the photo the rappel does free, into an overhanging amphitheater. The first time we did this route it was the second Rappel I'd ever done in my life - the first overhanging, and my first in the dark. I remember it well...

D coiling the rope at the bottom of the above rappel.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: