Friday, May 9, 2008

Wondering. More and More.

Apparently the first person I talked to, over at the MVD, didn't know what he was talking about - when it comes to titling cars in Arizona.

Funny - seeing as that's his job.

So I'd assembled the majority of the paper work he had told me I needed and wanted to talk to someone in person about how to handle one link, the last link, that I was having a slight problem with.

I went in, explained my whole story to someone new, and was told that the link I was having such a problem with, wasn't even necessary.

Okady - Good news and Bad news. So one part wasn't necessary but the paperwork that I had on another part was wrong. I couldn't use Georgia papers, I needed them to fill out the Arizona version of that exact same paperwork.

I got that Arizona version filled out and went back there today. Turns out the first guy was still way off, the woman I spoke to just the other day only had it half right... and I do in fact need something from the link that was causing problems, except not what I thought I needed before.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to call up the son of the deceased car-dealership owner and tell him, that even though, just two days ago, I told him I needed nothing from him, I do, in fact, now need something from him, but it's different from what I told him I needed from him before.


Oh - and this wouldn't even be a problem if the car hadn't been repossessed. If the car hadn't been repossessed, the paperwork I have right now would be sufficient to get the car titled and registered.

The only reason they know the car has been repossessed, is because I have a Affidavit of Repossession, signed and notarized from the bank. The only reason I have that, is because the first MVD guy told me I needed it, so the bank in Georgia created one for me. So - I very well might have paperwork that I don't even need to have, but since I do have it, I need even more paperwork!!!


And right about now - I want to find that first guy from the MVD and hurt him. I want to hurt him.

If he hadn't had me get the Repo note, and knew what his job required the first time I went in there - I would have had my car titled about six months ago. As the paperwork I really, actually, truly needed to have, I have had for that time... but was told it was not enough.

Oh - and I'm going to have to pay, like, $100 in extra fees for not registering the car in the proper amount of time - because I was spending that time procuring this needless paperwork.


When things like this happen, I don't blame the bureaucracy. I blame that individual man - who did his job poorly. Who didn't bother to fully inform himself, who didn't take the time to ask his superiors, but just told me what to do himself, and in doing so, told me to do the wrong thing.

No comments: