Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Me: 1 - Plant: None

Evil, vicious, pokey plant! (With sticky burrs)!
The other day I took D's serrated Spiderco rescue knife and hacked the tops off. Today, I came back for the roots... I got far. Then I found a worm (bottom left of above). M and worms are not friends. D suggested I get the big long shovel and continue (instead of the short trowel I was using) but he didn't understand - it's not that I want to be far away from the worm when I squish it - I don't want to squish it at all, or puncture it, smash it, squash it, I don't want anything I'm touching to touch it in any way that might lead to it's juicy, wet little innards spilling all over the place. (My worm thing is like my bear thing, but different).
So I left for an hour and came back later. The root part of the plant in the photo above is about a foot long, maybe longer.
The biggest one had this weird black pit in the middle of the root knot, not all that far beneath the surface. I ended up breaking it apart to get it free, then hacking at the rest of the root that I could manage to expose...

fun times.

No more pokey :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: