Thursday, August 14, 2008

What... Dirt... Where???

Miles Ridden: 28
Things Painted: 0

It's the longest ride I've done since TIv4...

I rode with D up to the Rattlesnake Recreation Area, where he went off with 8 other guys on the Thursday Night Group Ride, and I rode down a now gated gravel road toward the Wilderness Area.

So, really, 14 of the miles, getting from Home to The Rattlesnake and back, were pavement. But I got 14 miles of gravel in. And some of them were ZoomZoom - 18mph on gravel (with rocks) two track through dense woods is fast for me...

No camera. And I didn't ever freak out about bears. I've come to terms with them around Missoula. There are no Grizzlies in the Bitterroots, so I'll hold off on my freak-out till our first trip to Yellowstone or Glacier, since moving. Seems like a suitable compromise.


D crashed and was all tired and achy when we got home, so I made dinner, my standard - Fried Rice!!! Yea!!! (Note sarcasm).


And I got "hired" today. I say that in quotes because he said he'd officially call once he lined up a few other people so to have us come in for paperwork and training all together. It was funny, he started to say he'd give me a call and then realized what that translated to and backed up to say "I mean, I can say right now you have the job..." so now, instead of tales from "The Wine Bar" there will be tales from "The Pub" which seems sufficiently nondescript considering this is a college town, and well, there are at least several establishments that fall under that classification.

Suffice to say, The Pub serves a lot of beer, but a lot of food too.

It seems to have a pretty good attitude, I think it will be a good place to work.

No comments: