Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Paint!!!

One of the cabinets in the kitchen didn't have any handles, so we bought a set of $2 wooden knobs, that I figured I would paint.
We still had almost half a quart each of the blue and green paint I'd picked out, and the purple and red that D'd selected when we moved to Arizona.
However - once the can of blue paint was opened, stirred (a lot), and the little knobs were finished, I started looking around -
First I found a door. And promptly sat down and started painting the top panel of the lower half of the door... not sure why. I did the top two panels free hand, till we left to run errands. When we got back I decided I was lazy and pulled out my roll of painter's tape to mask up the bottom panel and window trim.
When I was done with the door I started looking around again. By this time we had bottles of beer from the local Bayern Brewery (have I mentioned there are three breweries in Missoula, and another one in the small town of Hamilton, 40 miles down the Bitterroot Valley).
Better already. (Props to D for using pliers to screw in the last few stripped out wood screws this morning during reassembly :)

The inside of the door might get a similar treatment in Red this evening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: