Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.

The Good- I drove Selma Lee to work yesterday, as well as out to dinner tonight. She starts. She wants a little extra gas at ignition to do so- but that was to be expected.

The Bad- She has about 16 gallons of diesel in her- not the 12 I was hoping. Which is about 108 more miles until she's ready to have her tank flushed.

The Ugly- We cut open the fuel filter that I replaced- the mesh screens inside were Black, and quite clogged. I'm wishing I had my little red microscope from home right now- so I could examine the gunk and confirm an Algae diagnosis.

In the meantime, I pulled out her air filter and cleaned the massive, oily crude out of the air filter housing. The filter looking quite new. I topped off the radiator, and added some engine oil- as it was inappropriately low, and I should have kept a better eye on it during The Trip, but I can't re-do that now.

I'll be keeping an eye on it this week- and attempt to assess whether or not it is burning any/much oil. It was fun to buy oil the other day and have the employee at the store go- Diesel??? As if I might just be buying the wrong oil- 15W40, by the way.

I'll change the oil in the next week as well- as there appears to be a small oil leak coming from the oil-pan drain plug-bolt, and Dave's pretty sure replacing it will take care of that problem.

Tomorrow- cleaning the inside out a bit. Reducing the nighttime glare on the very unclean windows... taking some ArmourAll to the interior.

After having sat in the Classic Automotive parking lot for the last six months with only the occasional driving- Selma Lee's loving all the attention. Who can blame her.

Dave also took his first ride tonight, when we went to dinner. I believe Selma Lee officially has his blessing.

1 comment:

Designs By Leigha said...

LOL
you are totally awesome, i am so envious 1) of your time to play with your new friend 2) your desire to play with your new friend