Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Counting it down.

I'm in Des Moines - waiting for the airport to call and let me know my bag arrived on a later flight from Minneapolis. They should be calling in about half an hour.

Technically this is not a problem. As I told my mom when the conveyor belt stopped moving and my bag had yet to come out - the only absolutely irreplacable items are with me in my Carry-On... I'd just prefer to not have to replace my helmet, shoes, packs, and clothes in the next two days...

as I said to the other Grinnell grad I met on the flight to Des Moines (who's baggage was also not-present) as long as I have this stuff my noon on Friday, I don't really care. This garnered a scathing look from the woman in line in front of me, who wanted us all to breath fire at the poor (and helpful) desk woman taking care of finding the lost luggage.


In other news, a Hollywood acting-bear took a bit out of his trainer's neck, killing him, and The Netherlands is asking car makers to add hood-top airbags (or else, stop running over cyclists) but as we all know that won't happen, they think Outside Hood-top airbags will save lives.

And Guitar Ted continues his motivational pep-talk for all us Trans-Iowa v4 Roster Members!!! Everytime I read his comments I get more and more excited. There's that joke that if you're One In A Million, you're still just like 6,500 other people... well if G-Ted's predictions are accurate, I'm going to try my darndest to be One In Six-Hundred Million.

Seems like decent odds. Or maybe I should just buy a lottery ticket.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Good luck! Feel free to buy that ticket...