Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tastier than an Olive Branch.

While I'm sure it was partially selected because he knew I would like the flavor - I'd rather take D's bringing me home a pint of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream ice cream as a political peace offering.


It all goes back to when Stephen Colbert tried to enter both the Democratic and Republican primaries in South Carolina. Now - I've only seen his show, maybe half a dozen times, but let's be honest - that move was just beautiful.

D's idea was that it fell more on the Stupid side of the spectrum... somewhere just shy of mocking our fine democratic process... something like that. There was not a small bit of contention in our house.

Well obviously I was heartbroken when South Carolina's Democratic Committee refused to put him on the ballot - even after he paid his $2,000-some dollars... and the Republicans wanted like $25,000 to add him... so his attempt at losing both primaries went down the tubes pretty quick...

but D still got me his ice cream :) So all must be forgiven.

Now what kind of Flavor does Stephen Colbert put his name to??? To quote the package -

Sweeter than the Bill of Rights, colder than Valley Forge & with twice as much caramel as the Louisiana Purchase. Please enjoy... or go On Notice!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: