Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2 days out!

The last scheduled activity in The Desert, is the final walk through on Thursday at 1pm.

So far - the carpet cleaner I made a reservation with two months ago, told me yesterday that he couldn't do it, as he had a really big project out of town that trumped out little apartment - and U-Haul wanted to send us to Sedona to get our trailer.

After explaining to the woman on the phone that, while it may only be 45 miles, there's a mountain range between here and there - she looked again, and found a proper trailer about 5 minutes from our house... which I'll pick up on my way home from lunch tomorrow with a choice few of my favorite colleagues from The Wine Bar...

and while we're now paying $70 more to do the carpets, I eventually found a place that could accommodate our time table.


We bought D another six-pack - so he's calm again and enjoying the sun setting on our deck - which might be what I'll miss most about our current location... it's a really nice deck.

I've joined Facebook - yeah... I know I deride it, but I'm now in contact with one of my best friends from Junior High School, so that's nice.


I killed a couple of the Butternut Squash sprouts when I launched them off the deck while trying to transplant them to a new container to give to some friends we'll be staying with in Southern Utah on Thursday night... I currently have 17 viable tomatolings - so a few will be left along with some butternut squash in SoUt as I'll now call it - and I'll probably toss the four or five that aren't performing as well, and 8 or 9 will find a new home in Montana...

we're hoping for an apartment with southern exposure...

hope with us.

No comments: