Saturday, July 19, 2008

Q & A

Jill asks what will become of the blog if I no longer have a Selma Lee to tell the story of -

but in a lot of ways this blog is a parallel of what happened with Selma Lee herself. How much have I actually written about her here??? Not very... I've written about her only slightly less than I've actually messed with her - and that's really where the problem lies. Like so many other situations, I let Selma get delayed and delayed till there wasn't really enough time left to do what needed to be done, and do it well (and, because of a slight perfectionist's disorder - if I know I can't do it well I'm not liable to do it at all - which some would argue is something I should or should not get Over).

Anyway. It hasn't rained yet today, and there isn't a good wind, so it's still a little too hot to go down and work on her. I've got one more shot today and possibly tomorrow - and if she isn't running by Monday I'm going to part out a few pieces with particular value then sell her to a salvage yard that will tow her away.

I'm not really sure what I'll do with the blog - as, really, all this time I thought I'd just chat about this or that until I did more work and had more photos to post.

I got off to an auspicious start... my first project of ridding her of Algae worked perfectly and her fuel filters look shinny and clean these days...

whatever - I'm not going to review blow by blow her last 10 months with me - just to say that at least one thing I did with her was a success... at least one.


Well I'm going to go pack something now. Not sure what, but something... and later there'll be some photo from the work this afternoon and evening -

and we'll see.

No comments: