Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good and Worse.


I absolutely love this little machine that looks sort of like an ATM machine at the Post Office that will print all sorts of various postage for you... and when the post office is closed, the machine is still open - and there's this really big slot for you to put packages in once you put the postage on... it even prints the postage off on a sticker - so it's easy to affix...

and really - I print off almost everything on the USPS website and then schedule for my postwoman to come pick up my packages... but every once in awhile I want to send a large envelope via First Class Mail - something along the tune of $2.70 and all I have at home is regular stamps, and you can't print anything less that Priority Mail off from the Website - and this little machine is just brilliant.

The other day I dropped D off to mail a package, and waited, and waited, and eventually just parked the car and walked in - where D was two people away from the front of the line.

I took his package, went over to the machine (which no one was at) when through the whole process and dropped off the stamped package for shipment before he was called up - at which point he left the line and we drove home, and everyone else in line behind him looked at us incredulously.

Lesson taught.


Second.


Elevators appear to have improved their music selections - I propose a new cliche name for cheesy/bad music - I shall now refer to it as "Auto Parts Store Music".

I've been in three Auto Parts Stores in the past half hour (searching the 3mm O-rings) and I haven't heard music that bad in a long time.


End.


No wait - point three.

Britain is Horrible Floral Print Land. Hopefully Kate Middleton will teach them about subtle color tonality... we can only hope.

1 comment:

Designs By Leigha said...

I need to go to bed but I can't. I must keep reading...