Monday, February 23, 2009

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about...

Two weeks ago, I came down with a craving for Iced Animal Crackers, and couldn't find them anywhere, not at Safeway, not at the local grocery store, and not at Wal-Mart...

I always remember buying them from the local/rural grocery stores in Iowa... not the chain ones, not the ones in the big cities, the bare bones stores, that for some reason always cared these!

And I found Frosted Animal Crackers, but anyone who's ever had both knows the difference - they are not the same!

Anyway - I couldn't remember the brand name, I just remembered the pink bag, but I found them online tonight, and it turns out the company, Stauffer's, actually sells them directly on their website!!!

They're $1.69, how ridiculous is that...

yummy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to always get the Mothers brand Iced Circus Animals. Of course Mothers went out of business last year(there's no good reason that I should know this) and so they became pretty hard to find rather quickly.

Marni said...

Nice!!!!!!! I've looked for those too!!!! So much better than the frosted ones -- although those are good too in their own right.

Designs By Leigha said...

someone game those to CJ at Sunday school and he threw them up when we got home. Nothing like cleaning up warm smelly pink slimy chunks!

Meredith said...

Are you sure they were the Iced and not the Frosted???

Oh please! Not the Iced!!!