Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Traveling.

The last time I had a tooth removed (I won't go into gory details, sorry about that last post) D and I were traveling... extended traveling. We'd been living out of Josey for a bit over a month, and one night, after we'd pulling into camp in either Little or Big (I don't remember which) Cottonwood Canyon, right out side of Salt Lake City I started feeling some really bad pain.

The next morning we drove into town and got bagels (and a phone book) at an Einstein's and waited for 8:30 to roll around and dentist's receptionists to start answering their phones. Despite being told "we're not taking new patients" quite a few times - I found an appointment for 2pm and gave up. D, realizing what pain I was in, kept calling till he found somewhere that'd take me at 11 (what a precious boy!!!). Off we went to the other side of SLC.

The dentist took a look at the x-rays I'd brought with me (from an appointment right before we left... the dentist thought they'd need to come out some time in the future, so I asked for a copy of the x-rays and brought them along in a folder of important information). The SLC dentist suggested I get sme pain meds and have it taken care of "when I got home". I then explained that when I said traveling I meant Traveling and home was no longer a specific location (I believe it was my dad who would jokingly offer our license plate number when someone asked for our address). At that point we agreed to take the tooth out right then - and I was at the dentist's office for just about an hour.

1 hour. 3 hours, between trying to find a dentist and having it done. Maybe 14 hours between pain and procedure.

This time around, it took 19 days.

I think in the future - when I need to have any dental work done, I'm going to lie and say I'm traveling.


Meanwhile - I feel great today, there's really minimal pain, my biggest problem is finding stuff to eat when I take my antibiotics as they make me a lil nauseous. And my biggest complaint is that, somehow, I have absolutely no desire for the carton of ice cream in the freezer, which I specifically got to be good post op food...

ah well.

No comments: