Monday, March 24, 2008

Here we come -

Bit of scrambling in Joshua Tree - cause that's what you do when you can't climb.
The sign says - High Wings Ahead. Small on the middle horizon are a very large number of very large wind turbines.
Waves. This is right after I called my sister and left a message that included the sounds there-of. This is California.
California is green. Arizona is not. Me cycling up a big hill. It was eight miles of hill. All hill - all the time. Later they told me Mountain Lions enhabit this here stretch of green. It was good this information was imparted after my ride - as D kept going ahead and I was alone a lot - which would otherwise have left me nervous - even though Mountain Lions usually don't eat people in the middle of the day.
It also happens that a seamstresses who works for me, moved to Arizona from Ojai - but I didn't know that until she came today - which was funny. She lived in Ojai for seven years - I should have asked her for the local scoop - but alas.

Thanks to our Yorba hosts - it was invaluable for D to have a solid base those few days before the race to relax and do nothing (and cook and drink good beer).

Why Arizona can't manage to have fresh fish and interesting foods (we got this great Irish cheese while out there) amazes me... Arizona is so close to California but yet - so very far away.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kenley Neufeld said...

You can get pretty decent local Ojai scoop at the Ojai Post.

Enjoy.