Friday, March 7, 2008

My bicycle loves me.

I had a special package with a little extra bag accessory for a loyal customer that I wanted to get out in the mail today, but no carrier pick-up scheduled.

D left this morning for work and then straight to the canyon with Josey - so what was I to do...

I rode my bicycle!!!


It's absolutely Too gorgeous here. So I headed to the post office to drop off my package, then over to the grocery store to pick up wine, corned beef and toilet paper - managed to talk a guy at the deli counter into buying the local Chompie's Jewish Rye bread, instead of the national brand he had in his hands, after I caught him squeezing a loaf of the Chompie's and looking at it hesitantly.

Then met a nice lady in the check-out line from Madison County, Iowa, she'd already been to the grocery store once that day - but forgot a bag of apples that her husband always takes to work in his lunch - so she needed to come back.

I finished by heading over to the library to drop off an almost-late book, and got an up-nod from a couple teen-aged boys on ridiculously small BMX bikes after I flew by them on the bike path home.


I love my bicycle. And my love is most definitely reciprocated.

3 comments:

FixieDave said...

funny how tiny 20" wheels look next to a 29er

Lynda Wallenfels said...

the suggestion of red wine made me pour myself a glass which is now warming the back of my throat

Enel said...

Bikes are fun:)