Thursday, March 27, 2008

Quote of the Day.

While serving at The Wine Bar tonight -

Customer to me - "If you were a book, you would be the sort of book I would read, in public."




And then I essentially called another guy a bad husband - at which point his wife hugged me... she hugged me.

And we were busy and I said to another guy - "I'm so sorry for neglecting you like this." to which he replied "Oh no worries, makes me feel like I'm at home."

And another customer left this tip for me: "Don't bet on horse number five in the sixth race."

Then there was the guy who, as he left, said to the owner at the door "Well I never got my check, but I left some cash on the table that ought to cover it." He left me $60 to cover an $18 bill...


Weirdos. All weirdos, myself included.

1 comment:

Dave said...

And I thought I had an interesting job....