Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lost and Found.

Found. Both my bike gloves at the same time. Previous to now I've found either of them independently, on multiple occasions, but not at the same time in maybe six months - maybe longer.

I knew I was getting close when I found one when we were traveling and put it someone in the truck where I would remember to take it into the house.

Then I found one in the house, but outside of my room - where I thought the other one was. I didn't know if the one I'd found was the one from the car which I had thoughtfully brought into the house, or the one in the house - leaving the bedroom for a stroll.

So I searched both the car and the house and still only had one glove.

Two days ago I did the first major vacuum overhaul of Josey in too many years. Both gloves are happily reunited. This obviously is fate saying "Let me do what I can to make TransIowa go well."


Lost. When I got home from work plus gym plus grocery store and attempted to get out of the car with six shopping bags, my purse, gym bag, server apron, left-overs from my restaurant and three new books from the library (I don't make second trips) I opened the passenger door to have a bag fall over sideways and a couple Thumps where heard. I recovered an Apricot I sandwiched between my feet. When I unloaded the bags upstairs I had only one plum - I put two in my shopping cart... I returned to the cold with D's huge bike light and failed to find any produce in the driveway, I even checked the drainage ditch... as rolling was not improbable.

D - if you hear something Swash when leaving for work in the morning - I'm sorry, that's your second plum.

2 comments:

Ed said...

I risk EVERYTHING; possible smashed eggs, broken bottles, twisted ankles, ripped bags, spilled berries, and a twisted back, in order not to have to make two trips!

I look like a complete nincompoop awkwardly carrying everything down the stairs.

Ed

Dave said...

More trips up and down the stairs = training.

I crushed no produce, though the nectarine I sliced this morning was bruised beyond edibility.