Friday, February 1, 2008

Almost ready to go.

I managed over 2,000 calories today!!! Thanks to my special friend Samoa Ice Cream!!!
Where did my special friend go??? Come back!!! I want more!!!
Revamped PomPom from her disturbed state - post Bike Camp Lynda. Deraullier fixed and reattached. Little milage computer installed. Top of the handlebars got wrapped, my current road bike saddle replaced an old saddle of D's that I was trying and disliked, water bottle cages added - and last, but most definitely not least - the zip ties holding the rear brake cable along the top tube got replaced with electrical tape (as the edges of the zip tie closures would occasionally contact my leg and irritated me to no end... maybe I could have just repositioned them... but the electrical tap was in my hand from doing the handlebars - so that's the way it all went down).
She's happy and ready to go for our ride tomorrow. D was even nice enough to swap my front tire for a Nanoraptor, along with providing much needed technical and moral support - and generally tolerating my belligerence... cause what's the point "wrenching" on your bike (as D says) without getting a bit belligerent!!! At least I didn't break anything :)

Oh - and look at how well my Top Cap coordinates!!! Or I should say - look how well everything else coordinates with my Top Cap - as it was there first... wonder where I ever could have gotten such a cute thing!!!

(The frame has these subtle little sun burst logos that are red in the center, then the top cap was added, then the disc brakes have little circular red adjustment knobs - so red accessories just came naturally when I went to choose water bottle cages from the huge variety at the LBS... even though red isn't exactly my favorite color... plus I think it compliments her name - Pomegranate).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

FixieDave said...

Nice!

I really do love the topcap...

too bad I give Mike C my last one...

=(