Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grand Canyon - Woo!!!

For now - let me just say that D was charming and patient yesterday morning - and despite my persistent conspiring to stay in bed - he left me primarily alone, yet also managed to convince me to get up... I still don't entirely understand how it happened... I might comment more when I figure it out.
Anyway - this was the moon as we got in the car to leave. Note utter blackness... it was like 5:30 in the morning. The terms Cruel and Unusual come to mind, though I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong.
Part of the way up - the sun pondered waking up too... I started getting optimistic about the day's weather... what delusions.
Not far from Grand Canyon and the snow started falling... suffice to say - I was rethinking having gotten out of bed. You can't see it in the picture - but it was actually snowing as we entered the park - this is the road north to the South Rim Village.

p.s. This is published in multiple posts - because Picasa won't upload more than four pictures in each post... at least it won't let me...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dave said...

What did you do wrong?! Be around me too much. I'm the one that actually woke up at 0410 and made and ate breakfast. While you stayed in bed for 45 minutes in denial.

And I want everyone to go down the posts a bit and notice the outrageous nerf bat com "it's not a tuma!" bar tape job on the beast.