Monday, February 25, 2008

D's Fault.

All last week I kept telling D - we should get that tail light fixed...

preface - I'm not one of those girls who bats her eyes and somehow manages to get out of all tickets - I am not that girl.


So when a cop pulled me over on the way home from the gym, going 58 in a 45, with my back tail light out - I wasn't excited.

However - after he elucidated my wrongs and I was getting the insurance card out of the glove box - he looked in and noticed our odometer -

Cop - That's a lot of miles you got there.
Me - Yeah, we're only had her a bit over two years, got her with 90,000 miles.
Cop - Wow, still the original engine???
Me - So far - so good.

Verdict - while I've never been persuasive enough to get myself out of a speeding ticket, apparently Josey is!!! Go Josey - and yea for warnings!!!

3 comments:

FixieDave said...

I think if i drove i'd get so many tickets!

Meredith said...

Doing some quick math - I've gotten at least eight tickets in the seven years that I've been driving :(

And then that one time, I got pulled over for driving too slow... but I didn't get a ticket for that...

Ed said...

"And then that one time, I got pulled over for driving too slow... but I didn't get a ticket for that..."

The only time I drive too slow is, you know, when life feels all herbalicious.

Ed