Sunday, February 3, 2008

Part 2.

Again - you can't see the snowflakes in the photo - but it was till snowing when we got into the South Rim Village parking lot - the clouds were really moving though - and cloud cover kept swapping out with blue skies for most of the morning
The Grand Canyon really isn't worth seeing if there aren't clouds around - storms are just so beautiful up there. There really is a canyon down there... and my D too!!!
I hid in the bathroom of the El Tovar to add my fleece tights to my layering system. And finally (like half an hour after D got started on his hike) convinced myself to get PomPom out of the car. These pictures are from the view right before you start west on Hermit's Road.
Below is another overlook along Hermit's Road - I tried to take another picture a little later (as the sun was coming up, and it was still snowing, there was a beautiful sparkling haze lying low over the rim) and discovered the batteries had died. I was devastated. The clouds kept changing and I kept wanting to take pictures... so I continued to be devastated as I rode West.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: