Friday, February 22, 2008

White like the snow outside.

Since we've been home from Moab there's been a little something special, a little something NEW, hiding under my sewing table, wanting to come out and play...

They're my first clipless shoes - Ever. And I find myself ambivalent... not about finally delving into the world of ClipLess - but rather, about their color. I hate to be so vain - but really I don't - I don't like white. I wanted the pretty Blue ones - but they didn't fit very well... and I wanted the ugly brown ones (at least more than white), but, if it was possible, they fit even worse than the pretty Blue ones. I reluctantly slide into these detestable White Ones and it was immediate perfection - there was no question - I was stuck.
But what I really want to know is - what on earth is that detailing on the lower two straps??? The rest of the shoes are very 80's Angles, straight lines, raised pebbly surfaces - and then... I don't know, maybe because they're women's shoes and some idiot designers just couldn't control themselves - they put Indented, curly-cue flowers on the straps.

Why do the designers of women's specific gear think the women they're designing for have the aesthetic sensibility of Barbie??? I applaud the idea of introducing a bit of style to items that only need utility - but why does the execution always come out so poorly???

I figure there must be at least one woman working for an outdoor company - somewhere... but apparently she's in the marketing department - cause she's sure not designing any item of women's specific clothing I've ever seen.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Designs By Leigha said...

with your creativity and a marker I am sure you can improve on the appearance? (I remember some of your previous sneakers-lol)