Sunday, February 3, 2008

Part 4.


I had left my hair down - cause it's hard to put it in my Patented Bun with a balaclava as well as neck warmer. This eventually got really warm and it occurred to me I ought to try Lynda's recommendation and put my hair in a braid.
As I neared the end - I realized I had nothing but a mechanical pencil for a hair retention device. That was not going to work very well to keep together the end of a braid... however- I did have several zip ties...
So for awhile I had perfect hair - perfect weather - perfect roads - prefect legs. This is the highlight of the day.
This is a view of the El Tovar Hotal, with the South Rim Village - from Hermit's Road. There's a long climb as you leave the Rim Village going West, it bends around Garden Creek (the canyon the top of Bright Angel Trail descends) and you end up across from and above the village. Which provides lovely views... anyway - I'm going to comment something about the South Rim Village architecture later.
Going back down the long hill - they try to take all the fun out of things.
Posted by Picasa