Thursday, February 14, 2008

Quote of the Day.

"Why is all the Rum gone???"

-One of my customer's tonight... I kid you not - one of my customer's quoted Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean.

We had a special Valentine's Flambe. Vanilla Bean Gelato, warm blueberry topping laced with cayenne pepper, and just a tidge of Bacardi Dark Rum pooled on top and lite up at the table.

One of my tables wanted to know what made it burn... so I explained that my chef was hording a bottle of rum in the back - at which point the above phrase was utilized.

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside... it almost made me hate Saint Valentine's Day just a teensy, eensy bit less.

3 comments:

Ed said...

You hate St. Valentine's Day! You need to edumacate JJ. I tried but caved...pathetically.

Ed

Designs By Leigha said...

lol

Meredith said...

Ed - I would imagine you caved Thoughtfully - more than Pathetically.