Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The search commences.

So - D has prescription Oakley sunglasses that he really likes and have served him well - which made the first place I looked - Oakley.com... which just lead to disappointment. I want these glasses primarily for biking, so I want ones that wrap around a bit, to decrease wind getting inside - but I also need them to have really thin sides so I can slide them on after I have my helmet on (which the glasses I have right now, do really well). I already have enough trouble getting my hair out of the way with my helmet - I don't need my glasses complicating things!!!

So what does Oakley offer woman in the prescription sunglasses market???
Ugly...
Ugly...
Ugliness - all around - that's what.

The middle ones are cute in their own way... sort of... but have really thick sides - most of their woman's prescription sunglasses are obviously meant for beach going (and then let's be honest - Aviator glasses don't look good on Anyone!!!) and not active pursuits. The only ones that scream Performance are face shields - like the first picture.

Now - you go over to the men's section, and there's heaping gobs of classically designed, thin, sleek prescription sunglass - and you'd think the least they could go, is show them in the women's search results as well... even if they aren't "Women Specific" which most of their women's stuff isn't anyway, which I'm fine with - but at least show us all the options if you're going to have separate sections in the first place.

Exhibit A -
Exhibit B-

Exhibit C-Grr. Now how does This fit into Hillary's run for president??? Does she wear sunglasses on the campaign trail???

Or does it just mean I need to switch to contacts and get whatever sunglasses I want...

2 comments:

FixieDave said...

Maui jim?

Rep here in town might be bartering with me for some...

I kinna like the ray ban old school style but doesn't work on the bike super well.

I've had glasses for 24 years of my life and i think i'm doing pertty good only breaking 8 pairs =)

(knock on wood)

Meredith said...

Excellent - I checked their website, and they're sold at the same local place that does Oakleys - so I can check them out in person :)

I guess one per every three years isn't bad... I don't mind breaking mine, so long as I can always put them back together...