Friday, January 4, 2008

Looking like your dog.

So - you know those owners who look like their pets??? We'll I'm starting to think the same thing is happening with me and my spouse.

I mean really - I now own my 1st sweatshirt, I know mashed potatoes don't always come out of a box, I think TransIowa sounds like fun, I recognize Ani Defranco songs after the first few chords, and I've bowed so low as to actually set a specific goal!!!

But most insidious of all???


This morning I was looking for the book I'm reading right now - and couldn't find it anywhere, till I noticed it sitting on the floor next to D's side of the bed, with a slip of paper that was his, placed as a book mark!!!

(Now don't get too many ideas, I can guarantee you he hasn't been reading My book).

I actually fell asleep Before him, and he had to take the book away from ME, and set it aside... this is a perfect reversal of Normal - and a very frightening occurrence, indeed. I mean ME - going to sleep early???


I must be ever vigilant against such creeping intrusions of D-ness, eroding away the very essence of my personhood!!!

Or next thing I know I'll be enjoying spinach and thinking 45 degrees is wonderful t-shirt weather.

No comments: