Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Funniest Holiday Moment.

D's mom reaches for the last present under the tree and starts to hand it to me - she qualifies -

"Now, you have to tell us if you don't want it, really. D said you did, but I didn't quite believe him, and I still don't - so if this isn't something you really want, you need to tell us and we'll return it."

Worried - I slowly opened the package with everyone watching - to find the ACA's complete GDMBR maps and Cycling the Great Divide book my Michael McCoy!!!

Which - by the way - is something I had casually mentioned to D I wanted to get at some point, but I actually totally wanted like RIGHT NOW!!! Because I'm afraid to truly admit (to myself or others, opps...) that I'm totally obsessed with it, in a very unhealthy and repressed sort of way.

So they accessed my expression and determined I was genuinely excited, at which point his parents confessed they'd heard "Mountain Bike Route Maps" and immediately suspected that really, D wanted them, and was using some tiny interest on my behalf to justify them being my present and not his... but they needn't have worried... I'm the weirdo this time... and I'm just so lucky that D somehow picked up on this and passed along my latent desires!!!


Now I want another set - so I can lay them out, end to end and create the entire course in our apartment... (which I think I would have to start in the kitchen, turn through the family room, and carry on partway down the stairs...)

details.

No comments: