Saturday, January 12, 2008

Camp Lynda Day 1 - Quote of the Day

We're in Utah for a three day weekend of crazy bike riding. I started with the group today (got utterly dropped by the group, got a flat tire, etc) then cut off on my own thing and just got back. On the way into town - I stopped by the local bike shop were we'd started from - Desert Cyclery to see if anyone else was back yet.

Not seeing anyone and realizing I needed some more bar tape - I set my bike up in the rack right outside the store and went in -

there was a guy at the counter waiting to pay while the shop worker was busy - he looked at my bike, looked at me, looked at my bike again -

"twenty-niner... single speed... hard tail... ... with mustach bars...
you must be HardCore... (I stare blankly at him)
that's a HardCore bike... (more blankness)
you can't be from around here, not with a bike like that... (I turn away looking at bar tape)
where you from???"

Yeah... oh - and he was wrong, it's a three-speed.

No comments: