Thursday, January 10, 2008

Flippy.

Lots of new and shinny things in my life right now... one of which is the new mobile.

I've been priviledged to re-enter Flippy-Phone Land(As seen on Left in photos). Stumpi, our dear, dutiful Stumpi was originally purchased by Dave when he left college and got a cell phone (was I there for that??? Don't remember, anyway) we've had it since then - a long time in the life of a cell phone... I think it's gone through like five area-code changes, just think of all the great calls placed on Stumpi!!!

Right before we left for the holidays it wasn't calling out properly, but I'd received calls, so I thought it would be fine - then D told me he'd tried to call me, and it didn't show up as a missed call till the next day... not a good sign. It's performance has been intermitant but usually fine for the last few weeks... but ya know... time for something New. So - as loyal customers of our mobile service for many years now, I got to pick out this new, overly shinny, flippy phone for no charge - and yesterday we de-activated Stumpi... it was a hard moment for both of us... okady, maybe just me.

While Stumpi wasn't perfect - he had his good qualities and it's sad to see him leave us. Plus I don't like the whole trend of people always wanting the newest, shinniest phone, like life fulfillment can come from a hand-held device... so I sort of liked having an antiquated phone (we won't even get into the gorillas I've saved the last so many years by not buying new phones, the components of which are manufactured using minerals mined in the remote forests of central Africa).

However - I was really excited to get a flippy-phone again. My first phone was a flippy phone, and lets be honest - ever since I switched services and could no longer use it, I've wanted another one. I'm pretty sure I'm a bad person for that.

Anyway.


p.s. She's been named Stumpet - a cross between Stumpette (in honor of Stumpi) and Strumpet (though considering I didn't actually pay for her, I'm not sure how appropriate that is...).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: