Saturday, January 19, 2008

No option but success.

Well - I was so certain it was the spark plugs - so I wasted Friday playing with them when I could have taken it somewhere. When we learned that wasn't it, I tried calling the dealership in the afternoon, but they were all going home early for the three day weekend!!!

So now it's Me, Josey and the Parts Store.

I said I could get it fixed... D placed his confidence in me (well, actually, Thursday night he said "I'm too tired to think about this, do whatever you want") but I feel this nagging compulsion to get it right after so many failed attempts (or, well - two and counting).

It started up fine after we replaced the distributor parts... and D went off for a bike ride. I told him I wouldn't let myself get excited about the fix until after he got back from his ride and started the car to drive it home. And there you have it - it was misfiring (though apparently less... ) when he started it up just a little while ago (he called to tell me). It appears to act up more when it is colder... we're adding that into the factoring...

I'm researching the EGR now that Enel has re-nudged me in that direction. The parts store is open till 9pm...

No comments: