Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to the Gym and other good things.

We're back from vacation - and while I debated going to the gym last night, we didn't get back home till almost 8pm and I was oddly overwhelmed with a desire to clean the kitchen.

So tonight will be the first day at the gym for like... two weeks... how sad.


Also - having grown up in Iowa, all the attention paid to it this evening is both flattering and ridiculous. I mean really. But I have to be sad about the fact that I'll never again be a resident of the state, and never managed to have an opportunity to caucus myself. D and I were living in Utah for the last presidential caucus, and before that (dare I say it) I was not old enough.

However - regardless of my lack of caucusing, what was even more sad was my father, who'd lived in Iowa for some 60 years, and never gone to caucus... until...

tonight!!!



My daddy went to caucus tonight - and I'm so excited for him, cause if I can't caucus, someone in my family should (and we won't even get started on why my mother won't) even if he's not caucusing for the party I would...











details.

No comments: