Monday, January 21, 2008

The Dealership.

Well the Nissan dealership in town is part of a huge car dealership conglomerate - which in this instance is a really great thing.

I'm currently posting this on one of their provided computers (they also have wireless), staring through two huge windows into the incredibly clean and efficient looking service area. I can see our car right now :)

They'll also drive you places in their little shuttle - a service we have yet to make use of - but may just come in handy.


Now the bad news - we originally dropped off Josey and went across the street to get breakfast, came back right as they were calling us to say we're leaking coolant out of the intake manifold, and we possibly have problems with the head gaskets. Now we're chilling in their waiting area (which besides computers - also has donuts... and at $100 just to look under the hood, I appreciate a donut or two) while they do pressure tests to determine whether fixing the intake manifold at $600 will be enough, or if part or all of the head gaskets need help at another one to two thousand dollars.

And D's looking through all the shinny procures and keeps telling me what he'd want if we bought a new vehicle today.

Good times.

2 comments:

Enel said...

I feared as much. Sorry. I have done this job in a 40 year old car and it was challenging. Much more so in the newer stuff.

Meredith said...

Everything these days is so computer-complicated. As D was talking about New Cars and I was looking at the Brochures with all their computerized features - I was sort of thinking I never want to buy a car made after 1982.

Details.