Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quote of the Day.

Trying to get a little TransIowa fix I was reading Guitar Ted's blog... he discussed a certain Irony inherent in an uber-expensive cycling gear company trying to make their customers feel Hard Core (tm) by setting up a website dedicated to underground style - endurance cycling events.

Hey - I own a company - I know what marketing is all about... however - reading through that site I started wishing it was actually a comedy set up - cause really, who can keep from laughing when they read something like this -

"He stopped only at night to sleep wrapped in plastic, in the bottom of ditches, on the side of the road. He wore the same bib shorts and sleeveless jersey three very long days straight... Like Randonneuring or Touring only faster and sexier..."


Can someone please explain to me what's Sexy about three day old bib shorts???

This is a joke, right???


Heck - I start thinking about getting separate apartments after D's been in bib shorts for six hours.


p.s. They don't appear to do women's clothing... what am I to make of that???

2 comments:

FixieDave said...

awhile back I tryed getting them to hook me up.... I guess 2500+ miles isn't sexy....

Whatever...

Meredith said...

Were you bringing two pairs of cycling shorts???

That's probably what did it... only wearing the same pair constantly is sexy enough for them...